- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/8 cup (9 oz) frozen Pink Lemonade Concentrate, thawed*
- White cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 recipe Lemon Buttercream Icing (http://www.jasonandshawnda.com/foodiebride/?p=198)
- *To cut the tartness of the cupcakes, and these babies do pack a punch, try the following substitution: 3/8 cup water + 3/4 cup pink lemonade.
- In a stand mixer, add the cake mix, egg whites, vegetable oil, and the pink lemonade concentrate. Mix on low for about 30 seconds and then increase to medium speed for two minutes (the batter will still be a bit lumpy).
- Spoon the batter into a prepared muffin pan (fill the cups between 2/3 and 3/4 full) and bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick registers "done" in the center cupcake. Remove the pan from the oven and cook 5 minutes. Remove the cupcakes and cool completely on a baking rack.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, make the icing and ice the cupcakes!
NotesRecipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride
Bright. It's the first thing that came to my mind when I took the inaugural bite of a Pink Lemonade cupcake I whipped up for last weekend's bridal shower.