- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI learned this recipe from my best friend and former room mate when we made dinner together in college. She learned it from her mother. We call it Pink Pasta because the sauce is pink when it's done.
- Knorr (the brand name) Parma Rosa sauce mix (2 packets)(It is usually in the rice and/or sauce aisle where all the boxed and bagged rice and pastaroni things are.)
- A few cups of milk
- Butter or Margarine
- 1 box of pasta (any kind but angel hair)
- 1 can of peas
- Pepper (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, follow the directions on the back of the Knorr Parma Rosa sauce mix packet to see how to make and heat the sauce. keep in mind the amounts on the back of the packet should be DOUBLED because you will be using 2 packets and not one. Be sure to stir the sauce constantly or it will burn and the taste will be ruined. Use a whisk, not a spoon.
- Meanwhile, boil water for pasta. Add pasta when water is ready and cook until tender. Drain. Put drained pasta back in pot. Add the finished sauce to the pot where the pasta is when it is done (according to the directions on the packet). Stir throroughly, mixing the sauce with the pasta until pasta is covered. Drain the can of peas and add to the pot without heating. The hot pasta and hot sauce will heat the already cooked peas. Mix peas thoroughly with pasta and sauce. Add pepper to taste. Serve alone or with bread/salad.
- Bite-size pieces of cooked chicken can also be added to this recipe and mixed along with the other ingredients for even more substance.