Pink Velvet Cupcakes
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 cup butter, softened
1-1/4 cups sugar
1/8 teaspoon pink paste food coloring
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1) In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and food coloring until light and fluffy.
2) Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
3) Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
4) Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
5) Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
6) Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.