- Cooking Time: 10 hours
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 24 hours
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup dry pinto beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 15 ounce can tomatoe sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Place the first 3 ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to simmer covered for 1 1/2 hours
- Pour beans and cooking liquid into bowl
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
- In a skillet brown ground beef
- drain and place in crock pot.
- Stir in beans and liquid
- add one can tomatoe sauce, onion, chili powder.
- Cover on low for 6-8 hours
- Stir before serving
NotesZoila the housekeepers Recipe. This is a two daily process.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More