- Cooking Time: 10 hours
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 24 hours
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup dry pinto beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 15 ounce can tomatoe sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Place the first 3 ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to simmer covered for 1 1/2 hours
- Pour beans and cooking liquid into bowl
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
- In a skillet brown ground beef
- drain and place in crock pot.
- Stir in beans and liquid
- add one can tomatoe sauce, onion, chili powder.
- Cover on low for 6-8 hours
- Stir before serving
NotesZoila the housekeepers Recipe. This is a two daily process.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More