- Cooking Time: 20 mins
- Servings: 18 pieces
- Preparation Time:
- 250 g flour ( I used 125 g white "0" type and 125 g emmer flour)
- 15 g fresh yeast
- 2 tablespoons Extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 200 ml water
- 300 g ricotta
- 1 egg
- 2,5 tablespoons Parmigiano Reggiano
- 4 teaspoons Pesto alla Genovese
- 50 g speck
- Sift the flours into a bowl, make a well in the middle.
- Put the yeast, and start adding water little by little, mixing with a fork or wooden spoon, till yeast melts, taking in little flour as well.
- Add oil and salt.
- Add all the water and mix in all the flour.
- Turn onto a floured kneading board, and knead firmly until you have the dough that looks like bread or pizza dough.
- Cover and let it rest in a warm place for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I usually put the dough into a cold oven.
- For the filling, mix ricotta with the egg, add Pesto alla Genovese (I added 1 teaspoon at a time, until I reached the taste I liked) and speck cut into stripes. Speck is like prosciutto, but smoked and saltier. I didn't add any salt to the filling, because pesto, parmigiano and speck are already salty enough.
- Roll out the dough to 3-4 mm thick, trim to get a rectangle, brush with little oil and spread the ricotta mixture.
- Roll it up, starting from a longer side, and then cut into 1 1/2 cm (1/2" approx.) thick slices. Place them on a baking tin lined with baking paper, cover and let rise for 1/2 hour again.
- Drizzle with little oil and sprinkle with grated Parmigiano.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 220°C for about 20 minutes or until golden.
NotesI prepared these as appetizers last Saturday for my dinner party. We finished them for breakfast the following day. So I guess they are great for any occasion.
If you don't like pesto, you can use spinac instead.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
50 Shades of Taste
Bombshell Approved: Fast, Simple, SatisfyingSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More