- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups Jiffy Baking mix (You can make your own buttermilk biscuit recipe instead)
- 2/3 cup Buttermilk
- 1 Can of Corned beef hash
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- Cheese (Mornay) sauce
- 2 TB Butter
- 2 TB AP-Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Dry Powdered Mustard
- 1/8 tsp White pepper
- 1 cup Whole Milk (Room temp)
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese (Grated)
- PINWHEEL BISCUITS:
- Preheat Oven to 450
- Mix the jiffy mix and buttermilk together and turn out onto rolling surface. Dust with more baking mix as knead until smooth.
- Roll out biscuit dough into a 14x8 rectangle on a floured (Baking mix) board.
- Spread hash evenly over the dough, leaving about 1/2 inch on the far long edge to seal when done.
- Sprinkle with Black pepper.
- Roll up the dough as you would for a cinnamon roll.
- Seal and slice into 8 spirals.
- Place in a 9 inch cake pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- CHEDDAR CHEESE SAUCE: (This is great on steamed Cauliflower too)
- Melt Butter over low heat in sauce pan, let it bubble a little bit to remove some of the water.
- Combine flour and seasonings, then add to the butter in the pan.
- Cook over low heat until the roux becomes smooth and bubbly.
- Remove pan from heat and slowly add the milk while whisking.
- Return the pan to the heat and bring just to a boil while stirring constantly, sauce will be thick.
- Add grated cheese, continue stirring until melted.
- Remove from heat and pour over your pinwheels.
- For a little something extra, sprinkle with a little Herbes de Provence.
NotesMy mother use to throw this together for us, when she really didn't have time to cook. We loved it!! Course you can't go wrong when there is Cheese sauce (Mornay) involved. It's true, my 4 year old God-son asks me for this all the time.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Mom's Spanish Rice
Simply Delicious Mac-n-Cheese Casserole
Holiday BellsSee More