- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- Orange Cake
- ½ cup unsalted butter, very soft
- ¾ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- Orange Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8 inch baking pan.
- Beat the butter, sugar, and orange zest in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, then the sour cream and orange juice followed by the dry ingredients mixing until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake in the center of the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto serving plate.
- Orange Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer.
- Add the sugar, the orange juice, and vanilla, then the sour cream. Cover and refrigerate until firm enough to spread on cake. About 10 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More