- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- THE SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large (28-ounce) can enchilada or red sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped Cilantro
- THE MEAT
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 4-ounce cans diced green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 to 14 corn tortillas
- ½ cup canola oil
- 3 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped black olives
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add oil and flour and whisk together to make a past, cooking for 1 minute.
- Pour in other red sauce, chicken broth, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 to 45 minutes.
- Brown meat with onions in a skillet.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in 2 cans diced green chilies and seasoned salt. Set aside.
- ASSEMBLY - Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour ½ cup red sauce in bottom of baking pan. Spread to even out.
- Dip each tortilla into red sauce, then remove to work surface.
- Spoon meat, a little grated cheese, a little black olives, and green onions in the center of tortilla.
- Roll up and place, seam down, in baking pan. Repeat until pan is filled.
- Pour extra red sauce over enchiladas.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubble.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro over enchiladas before serving.
NotesThis came from ThePioneerWoman.com & it is so delish, I just wanted to share...
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Decadent Desserts Made FromSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More