- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- THE SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large (28-ounce) can enchilada or red sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped Cilantro
- THE MEAT
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 4-ounce cans diced green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 to 14 corn tortillas
- ½ cup canola oil
- 3 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped black olives
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add oil and flour and whisk together to make a past, cooking for 1 minute.
- Pour in other red sauce, chicken broth, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 to 45 minutes.
- Brown meat with onions in a skillet.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in 2 cans diced green chilies and seasoned salt. Set aside.
- ASSEMBLY - Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour ½ cup red sauce in bottom of baking pan. Spread to even out.
- Dip each tortilla into red sauce, then remove to work surface.
- Spoon meat, a little grated cheese, a little black olives, and green onions in the center of tortilla.
- Roll up and place, seam down, in baking pan. Repeat until pan is filled.
- Pour extra red sauce over enchiladas.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubble.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro over enchiladas before serving.
NotesThis came from ThePioneerWoman.com & it is so delish, I just wanted to share...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More