- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 ripe bananas (not over ripe)
- 1/2 cup (60g)rice flour*
- 1 cup 125g) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups coconut milk
- oil for frying
- Peel the bananas, cover and set aside.
- Beat together the remaining ingredients, except the oil.
- Let stand for about 25 minutes.
- Heat the oil to the smoking point, then reduce heat slightly.
- Dip the bananas one by one into the batter, then slide into the oil. (Do not fry more than three at a time or the temperature of the oil will drop too much, making the batter heavy and oily. Cook until golden, turning once or twice.
- Lift out with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve while hot with coconut ice cream.
NotesSelemat Makan! Smaaklije Eten! Bon Appetit! We found this recipe in one of our favorite cookbooks, which was given to us by our friends Barbara and Bill. Since I'm on a low sodium diet I adjusted this recipe accordingly
The source for this recipe is "Asia the Beautiful Cookbook" published by Stonehenge Press
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Fun appetizers and snacks
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More