- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstorySelemat Makan! Smaaklije Eten! Bon Appetit! We found this recipe in one of our favorite cookbooks, which was given to us by our friends Barbara and Bill. Since I'm on a low sodium diet I adjusted this recipe accordingly
The source for this recipe is "Asia the Beautiful Cookbook" published by Stonehenge Press
- 12 ripe bananas (not over ripe)
- 1/2 cup (60g)rice flour*
- 1 cup 125g) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups coconut milk
- oil for frying
- Peel the bananas, cover and set aside.
- Beat together the remaining ingredients, except the oil.
- Let stand for about 25 minutes.
- Heat the oil to the smoking point, then reduce heat slightly.
- Dip the bananas one by one into the batter, then slide into the oil. (Do not fry more than three at a time or the temperature of the oil will drop too much, making the batter heavy and oily. Cook until golden, turning once or twice.
- Lift out with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve while hot with coconut ice cream.