- Cooking Time: 14-15
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups raw, shelled and unsalted pistachios, finely ground in a food processor (scant 2 cups ground)
- 3/4 pound (3 sticks) butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking powder, then add the ground pistachios and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla until the mixture becomes pale yellow and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the egg and continue to mix. The batter should be very light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture all at once and mix just to incorporate.
- Fill a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip, pipe the dough into small rosettes onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until lightly golden and just lightly browned around the edges, about 14 to 15 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
NotesThese are perfect for your Christmas Cookie Platter.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More