- Cooking Time: 14-15
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups raw, shelled and unsalted pistachios, finely ground in a food processor (scant 2 cups ground)
- 3/4 pound (3 sticks) butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking powder, then add the ground pistachios and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla until the mixture becomes pale yellow and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the egg and continue to mix. The batter should be very light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture all at once and mix just to incorporate.
- Fill a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip, pipe the dough into small rosettes onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until lightly golden and just lightly browned around the edges, about 14 to 15 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
NotesThese are perfect for your Christmas Cookie Platter.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Breads and Pastry 101
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More