- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 3/4 cup breadcrumbs, fine
- * 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled
- * 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram, chopped
- * 4 lamb rib roasts (4 ribs each, 12 to 16 ounces each), trimmed
- * 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- * Salt and pepper to taste
- * 1/4 cup olive oil
- Add breadcrumbs, pistachios, and marjoram to a food processor. Process for 30 seconds or until all ingredients are finely ground. Transfer crumb mixture to a shallow dish. Next, brush lamb with Dijon mustard and season with salt and pepper. Roll the rack of lamb in the breadcrumb mixture, coating well. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- In a large skillet add olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Brown each rack of lamb in the pan for 1 minute on each side or until light brown. Then, transfer the racks of lamb to 2 (13- x 9-inch) lightly greased baking dishes. Bake lamb at 350 degrees for 24 minutes or until thickest portion of the lamb registers 135° (medium-rare). If medium temperature is desired, bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion reads 145 degrees.
- Remove the lamb from oven and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 5 minutes or until thermometer registers 145° (medium-rare) or 160° (medium). Cut into chops and arrange on a serving platter.
NotesServing lamb is a delicious Easter tradition in many homes. Update the classic rack of lamb coating it in a delicious crust of zesty herbs and finely crushed pistachios and baking it to a tender, juicy perfection. The guests at your Easter will be begging for seconds.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Cooking with Sabra
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More