- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryServing lamb is a delicious Easter tradition in many homes. Update the classic rack of lamb coating it in a delicious crust of zesty herbs and finely crushed pistachios and baking it to a tender, juicy perfection. The guests at your Easter will be begging for seconds.
- * 3/4 cup breadcrumbs, fine
- * 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled
- * 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram, chopped
- * 4 lamb rib roasts (4 ribs each, 12 to 16 ounces each), trimmed
- * 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- * Salt and pepper to taste
- * 1/4 cup olive oil
- Add breadcrumbs, pistachios, and marjoram to a food processor. Process for 30 seconds or until all ingredients are finely ground. Transfer crumb mixture to a shallow dish. Next, brush lamb with Dijon mustard and season with salt and pepper. Roll the rack of lamb in the breadcrumb mixture, coating well. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- In a large skillet add olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Brown each rack of lamb in the pan for 1 minute on each side or until light brown. Then, transfer the racks of lamb to 2 (13- x 9-inch) lightly greased baking dishes. Bake lamb at 350 degrees for 24 minutes or until thickest portion of the lamb registers 135° (medium-rare). If medium temperature is desired, bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion reads 145 degrees.
- Remove the lamb from oven and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 5 minutes or until thermometer registers 145° (medium-rare) or 160° (medium). Cut into chops and arrange on a serving platter.