PISTACHIO SOUR CREAM BREAD
- Cooking Time: 55
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 butter recipe cake mix ( I used yellow cake mix)
- 1 small box of instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1/2 jar of maraschino cherries, chopped (optional)
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Mix all ingredients for bread except cherries, with mixer for three minutes on medium. Stir in cherries, if using. Spread 1/2 of the mixture into a large greased and floured loaf pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the topping mixture, then repeat with remaining batter and topping. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
You may need to cover with foil tent for the lat 15 minute so the top does not over brown. (I found this necessary). Remove from the pan onto dish towel and cool. Drizzle with powdered sugar glaze, if desired, when cool..
This cake disappeared so fast