- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup of not-salted cleaned pistachios
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cardamome
- 1/2 cup of soft butter, diced
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/3 teasp of brewers' yeast
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of natural yogurt
- For the syrup:
- zest from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease and line parchement paper in a cake mold.
- Mix coarsely the pistachios and the seeds extracted from the pods of cardamome.
- Add the butter, the flour and the sugar.
- Mix 20 seconds several times in order to obtain a coarse semolina.
- Incorporate the eggs and the yogurt in the dough.
- Mix for 10 seconds.
- Pour it in the mold and smooth the surface.
- Cook 30-40 min at 350°F.
- Check cooking by plunging the point of a knife in the center of the cake; it should come out dry.
- Let it cool and prepare the syrup during this time.
- Peel the zest of 1/2 a lemon with a peeler.
- In a pan, dissolve the sugar in water on low heat.
- Then bring the syrup to a boil and add the pieces of lemon zest.
- Keep on the burner for 5 min.
- Prick the warm cake with a fork on top and pour on the hot syrup
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy LifeSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More