- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast (recommended but can use any skinless chicken)
- 1/2 c shelled pistacios
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat broiler to high
- Place pistacios in a food processor and pulse until pistacios are coarsely ground (be careful not to let it go too long or you will have pistacio butter!)
- Remove pistacios from food processor, place in a shallow bowl, add salt and pepper
- Slice chicken breast into thin strips
- lightly coat chicken in pistacios
- place on a broiling pan or oven sheet and cook on high for 6 minutes (or until cooked all the way through)
- remove and set aside for 10 minutes
- Honey Dijon Sauce
- Honey-Mustard Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp honey
- In a small bowl, stir together the mustard and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the honey.
- Serves 2
NotesA great way to add flavor and healthy fat to your meals is to add a small amount of nuts. These crunchy chicken tenders are great over salad greens, nearly any cooked vegetables and on their own with yummy home-made honey dijon sauce (recipe included). These guys cook up quickly in the broiler but you can also bake them if you wish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More