- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- recipe is per pita pizza - just multiply by number of servings
- 3/4 of a piece of pita bread
- 1/2 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Oil (any kind you have will do)
- cut the very top off of the pita bread to make a pocket, discard top portion. spoon tomato sauce into pita pocket, then add cheese inside also.
- heat up oil in frying pan over fire or camping stove, when hot, lay the pita in the pan and cook for about 5 or so minutes until the cheese is melted, turning it over halfway through cooking time to brown both sides evenly.
NotesGreat for camping or any outdoor cooking event with kids! My parents used to make this for us when we would go camping as kids! One of our favorites.
It's been a while since I've made this, so definitely experiment with it! Enjoy!!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More