- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryGreat for camping or any outdoor cooking event with kids! My parents used to make this for us when we would go camping as kids! One of our favorites.
It's been a while since I've made this, so definitely experiment with it! Enjoy!!!
- recipe is per pita pizza - just multiply by number of servings
- 3/4 of a piece of pita bread
- 1/2 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Oil (any kind you have will do)
- cut the very top off of the pita bread to make a pocket, discard top portion. spoon tomato sauce into pita pocket, then add cheese inside also.
- heat up oil in frying pan over fire or camping stove, when hot, lay the pita in the pan and cook for about 5 or so minutes until the cheese is melted, turning it over halfway through cooking time to brown both sides evenly.