Pizza ( Gujju Style)
Serves: 1-2 people
Prep time: 15-17 min Cook time: 55 min
Difficulty level: Easy
1 Pizza base, 6-8 inch Round Base
5 Medium Ripe Tomatoes
1/4 cup onion, finely cut
1 clove Garlic
1/4 cup Maggi Hot & Sweet Tomato Sauce
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper Powder
2 pinches Garam Masala
2 tsp. Oil
1 tsp. Sugar (Optional)
Salt as per taste
Water to boil tomatoes
1 cup shredded Cheese
1 small Green Bell Pepper, finely cut
1 small Onion, finely cut
1 Tomato, finely cut
1. Heat water in a pot and add tomatoes to the water. Boil it until the tomatoes become tender. Next, remove the tomato skin.
2. Make tomato puree.
3. Heat oil in a pot. Add onions and garlic and saute till onions become translucent. Add the tomato puree to it. Let it cook till the gravy becomes thick (about 30 to 40 mins).
4. Meanwhile, prepare the toppings. Finely cut onion, tomato and bell pepper for the topping.
5. After the tomato gravy is ready (thickened), add little sugar, salt and pepper, hot and sweet sauce (Maggi) and garam masala.
6. Apply the tomato puree and the toppings on the pizza base and place it in the oven. Let it bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 mins (preheat the oven at 350 degree for 5-10 mins).
7. Take it out of the oven and garnish it with lots of grated cheese.
8. Your Indian pizza is ready. :)
Pairs Well With
This pizza reminds me of India (specifically my state (Gujarat) and my city Ahmedabad) because in Ahmedabad we get this pizza with unmelted cheese on the top. This pizza also has some garam masala (indian spice) and has ketchup in it.
I live in the US at present and whenever I miss my home in India, I make this pizza.