PIZZA BURGER BOWL
Pizza Burger Bowl
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (8 count) can Grands Refrigerated Buttermilk Homestyle Biscuits (not flaky)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- 2 cups of your favorite pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, from the green container
- 2 cups shredded pizza cheese blend or mozzarella cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 375°
Spray large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
In the same skillet, add 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil and saute onions until soft and turning brown.
Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Place 2½ inches apart on sprayed cookie sheet. With bottom of flat 2-inch diameter glass or with fingers, press out each biscuit to form 3½ inch round with 1/4 inch rim around outside edge.
In small bowl, combine egg and water, mixing well. Brush over tops and sides of biscuits. Sprinkle each with sesame seeds.
Add all remaining ingredients including 1 cup of pizza cheese back into the skillet with the ground beef and onions. Cook on low about 5 minutes, mixing well.
Divide ground beef mixture evenly into each biscuit. Sprinkle each with remaining pizza cheese blend.
Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
Carefully remove from cookie sheet and serve.