- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (8 count) can Grands Refrigerated Buttermilk Homestyle Biscuits (not flaky)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- 2 cups of your favorite pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, from the green container
- 2 cups shredded pizza cheese blend or mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Spray large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- In the same skillet, add 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil and saute onions until soft and turning brown.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Place 2½ inches apart on sprayed cookie sheet. With bottom of flat 2-inch diameter glass or with fingers, press out each biscuit to form 3½ inch round with 1/4 inch rim around outside edge.
- In small bowl, combine egg and water, mixing well. Brush over tops and sides of biscuits. Sprinkle each with sesame seeds.
- Add all remaining ingredients including 1 cup of pizza cheese back into the skillet with the ground beef and onions. Cook on low about 5 minutes, mixing well.
- Divide ground beef mixture evenly into each biscuit. Sprinkle each with remaining pizza cheese blend.
- Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
- Carefully remove from cookie sheet and serve.
NotesAnother hit with my family! I think of this recipe as a "fun" recipe! My family (and myself) loved this so much that I think I'm going to have to double the recipe next time and there will be a next time very soon! It's like you could just keep eating and eating these babies! They were gone in a flash! Delish!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce