- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (1 packet)
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F / 45 degrees C)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and brown sugar in the water, and let sit 10 minutes.
- Stir the salt and oil into the yeast solution. Mix in 2-1/2 cups of the flour.
- Turn dough out onto a clean, well floured surface, and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Place the dough into a well oiled bowl, and cover with a cloth. Let the dough rise until doubled in size; approximately 1 hour. Punch down the dough and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to relax a little before rolling out.
- I cut the dough in half at this point - half the recipe was more than enough for one large-size pizza. I shaped the second half into a tight disc, wrapped in Glad Press n' Seal, placed in a ziploc freezer bag and froze for another use.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. If you are baking the dough on a pizza stone, you may place your toppings on the dough, and bake immediately. If you are baking your pizza in a pan, lightly oil the pan, and let the dough rise 15-20 minutes before topping and baking it.
- Bake pizza in preheated oven, until the cheese and crust are golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More