- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 13
- Preparation Time:
- * 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- * 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- * 1 garlic clove, minced
- * 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- * 1/4 cup tomato paste
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- * 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- * 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- * Dash pepper
- * 8 ounces cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- * 13 egg roll wrappers
- * 1 egg, lightly beaten
- * Oil for frying
- * In a large skillet, cook the sausage, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer 10 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; cool for 20 minutes. Stir in cheese.
- * Place 1/3 cup sausage mixture in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Brush remaining corner with egg; roll up tightly to seal.
- * In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 13 egg rolls.
NotesI found this recipe on the Taste of Home website. Yummy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More