- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 13
- Preparation Time:
- * 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- * 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- * 1 garlic clove, minced
- * 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- * 1/4 cup tomato paste
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- * 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- * 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- * Dash pepper
- * 8 ounces cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- * 13 egg roll wrappers
- * 1 egg, lightly beaten
- * Oil for frying
- * In a large skillet, cook the sausage, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer 10 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; cool for 20 minutes. Stir in cheese.
- * Place 1/3 cup sausage mixture in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Brush remaining corner with egg; roll up tightly to seal.
- * In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 13 egg rolls.
NotesI found this recipe on the Taste of Home website. Yummy!