- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 21 ounces cans pizza sauce with cheese - made fresh or canned
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - more or less to suit your taste
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese -- grated
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese -- grated
- 1 each French bread loaf -- cubed
Brown ground beef and onions.
Drain off excess fat.
Add pizza sauce, cornstarch, basil, oregano, and garlic powder.
Stir well and bring to a boil.
Simmer 5 minutes to blend flavors.
Combine cheeses; stir in 1/3 at a time.
When piping hot, pour into fondue pot and serve immediately.
Note: This may be used as an appetizer or as a main dish