PIZZA HOT DISH
Pizza Hot Dish
- 1/2 lb hamburger (I used 1 pound)
- 1/2 lb sausage (I used 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup green peppers (you can also add mushrooms, or whatever else you like to put on your pizza.)
- 1 jar pizza sauce (I used 28 ounces)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- Parmesan cheese, green container, for sprinkling top (my addition)
- Oregano for sprinkling top (my addition)
- Garlic salt for sprinkling top (my addition)
Pre-heat oven to 375°.
In skillet brown hamburger and sausage together. Drain. Add green peppers and continue cooking until green peppers are soft. Add pizza sauce and remove from heat.
Spray the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan with Pam. Press 1 can of crescent rolls into bottom of pan. This is where I baked the 1st can alone. Spread meat mixture on top of the crescent rolls and add a layer of pepperoni. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with second can of crescent rolls, stretching the dough to cover most of the pan.
Sprinkle parmesan cheese, oregano and garlic salt if desired.
Bake on top rack, uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
The blogger commented on baking her's a little longer on the bottom rack of her oven to make sure the bottom layer of crescent rolls didn't get soggy! I decided to try mine a different way! Here is my tip: After spraying my casserole dish, I unrolled the 1st can of crescent rolls and baked it alone until it was lightly brown! Then I continued with original recipe!