- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryVariations: For hor d'oeuvres, roll sausage links with the Pizza Leather and then slice, carefully arrange on plates. Want to get the kids to devour veggies? Spread cream cheese on a Pizza Leather, top with diced zucchinis, roll them up and cut into segments. The kids will never know it's good for them. To make Mexican Pizza Leather, simply alter your seasonings to include cilantro, minced jalapeño and cumin.
- 15 oz. can stewed tomatoes, well-drained
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 3 leaves dried oregano
- 3 leaves dried basil
- Garlic salt, to taste or garlic powder
- In a blender combine tomatoes, tomato sauce and sugar, blending until smooth.
- Pour the puree onto an oiled plastic wrap lined drying tray.
- Place your seasonings in a baggie, crush well, so they blend together.
- Carefully sprinkle the desired amount of seasoning on your tomato puree.
- Dry 4 - 6 hours at 140 - 160F until leather is dry and no longer tacky to touch.
- To serve, spread with cream cheese, top with pepperonis.
- Most kids like them without anything added to them.
- Store the leather in an air-tight container to prevent moisture/mold issues