- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. pizza dough
- 1-1 1/2 c. crushed tomatoes, fresh or canned
- 3-5 Ovolino of fresh mozzarella*, sliced and patted dry
- Fresh basil
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- To make the pizza you:
- Preheat oven with pizza stone in it for at least one hour at 500 degrees.
- Have your tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil ready to put on top of the pizza, then set it aside.
- Break the dough in half and begin preparing by pressing and hanging alternately until the desired thickness is achieved.
- Place the dough base on the pizza stone and sprinkle with olive oil and salt. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the surface looks a little dry, then add your toppings: sauce, cheese, basil, and salt and pepper.
- Bake until done around the edges, a little well done is the preferred texture. Remove from the oven, top with extra virgin olive oil and fresh black pepper.
- On her website Toni says you can substitute soy cheese for dairy, just add it at the very end. We added roasted garlic to our pizza because we just can’t help but dick around with everything. (^_^)
NotesStolen from Bake & Destroy!
On her website Toni says you can substitute soy cheese for dairy, just add it at the very end. We added roasted garlic to our pizza because we just can’t help but dick around with everything. (^_^)
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Cole Family Cookbook 2015
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More