- Cooking Time: 6-10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound lean ground chuck
- 1/4 pound finely diced pepperoni
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or butter
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce, heated
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 small loaf (10 ounces) Italian bread
- Crumble the ground beef into a bowl. Add the pepperoni, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix gently without overworking, then shape into 4 patties.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add burgers; cook, turning once, 6 to 10 minutes, or until desired doneness. (You can also broil or grill the burgers.) Just before the last minute of cooking, top the burgers with the warm pizza sauce and cheese.
- Meanwhile, split the Italian bread lengthwise, then cut into quarters. Toast the bread; place each burger between 2 pieces. Serve with sauteed mushrooms, if desired.
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
MetroCooking DC 2013
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
BROWNIE CUPCAKES WITH PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
Chocolate Chia Protein-Pudding
Bagel PizzaSee More