PIZZA POT PIE
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces wagon wheel macaroni
- 8 ounces Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (24 ounce) jar traditional-style pasta sauce (I use my own home made)
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, cut into thin slices
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
While pasta is cooking, break apart Italian sausage and cook over medium heat in a large skillet, until done, about 5-7 minutes add in onion, oregano, basil and pepper, stir well Drain excess fat.
Stir cooked sausage, onion, oregano, basil and pepper into pasta sauce in an ungreased 9" deep dish pie plate or 2 1/2qt. cassrole dish
Add cooked pasta, blend well.
Cover top completely with mozzarella slices.
Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is hot.
Great served with garlic bread or garlic sticks and a side salad.
time to make 25 min 10 min prep