- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces wagon wheel macaroni
- 8 ounces Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (24 ounce) jar traditional-style pasta sauce (I use my own home made)
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, cut into thin slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- While pasta is cooking, break apart Italian sausage and cook over medium heat in a large skillet, until done, about 5-7 minutes add in onion, oregano, basil and pepper, stir well Drain excess fat.
- Stir cooked sausage, onion, oregano, basil and pepper into pasta sauce in an ungreased 9" deep dish pie plate or 2 1/2qt. cassrole dish
- Add cooked pasta, blend well.
- Cover top completely with mozzarella slices.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is hot.
- Great served with garlic bread or garlic sticks and a side salad.
- 6 servings
- time to make 25 min 10 min prep
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
The Social Cookbook
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More