PIZZA SAUCE (TO USE ON ANY PIZZA OR ON MY PERFECT PIZZA RECIPE I POSTED TO BS)
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Enough for 2 pizzas
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 whole Italian peeled plum tomatoes, (two-pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pour olive oil into a large skillet, and place over medium heat. Using your hands, squeeze tomatoes to crush them. Add to the warm olive oil, along with the remaining ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat, breaking up tomatoes with a wooden spoon, until the sauce is thick, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Pass sauce through a food mill, discard the seeds, and let cool.
NotesEnough for 2 pizzas
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More