- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 5 cups water
- 1-16 ounce can + 1-8 ounce can pizza sauce
- 1 16 ounce can diced tomatoes with juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In soup pot or dutch oven, brown sausage with onions. When sausage is cooked, drain off excess grease. Add water, pizza sauce, tomatoes, Italian seasoning and garlic. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Add your favorite pizza toppings:
- * 1 8 ounce can mushrooms
- * green pepper, thinly sliced, if using add with onion and sausage
- ripe olives, sliced
- pepperoni, fried or put in microwave to remove grease
- * 1/2 cup dry macaroni, cooked according to directions on package
- 1 package cheese-filled tortellini(found in refrigerator section)
- To serve place shredded mozzarella in bottom of bowl. Pour hot soup on top. Garnish with grated Parmesan.
- I have also put the grated mozzarella on top and put it under the broiler until bubbling.
- Note: I used the items with the star.
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More