- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 5 cups water
- 1-16 ounce can + 1-8 ounce can pizza sauce
- 1 16 ounce can diced tomatoes with juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
In soup pot or dutch oven, brown sausage with onions. When sausage is cooked, drain off excess grease. Add water, pizza sauce, tomatoes, Italian seasoning and garlic. Simmer 30 minutes.
Add your favorite pizza toppings:
* 1 8 ounce can mushrooms
* green pepper, thinly sliced, if using add with onion and sausage
ripe olives, sliced
pepperoni, fried or put in microwave to remove grease
* 1/2 cup dry macaroni, cooked according to directions on package
1 package cheese-filled tortellini(found in refrigerator section)
To serve place shredded mozzarella in bottom of bowl. Pour hot soup on top. Garnish with grated Parmesan.
I have also put the grated mozzarella on top and put it under the broiler until bubbling.
Note: I used the items with the star.