Pizza from scratch
Why I Love This Recipe
Was never shown how to make pizzas before.
This one came out of personal practise, trying to make a wholesome one without any machinery.
Ingredients You'll Need
2. 1 cup warm water (25 C).
3. 1 1/2 cups of unbleached flour, 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour & 1/2 cup of spelt flour.
4. 2 tbs. olive oil.
5. 1 tsp. sea-salt (or ordinary).
6. 1 tbsp. of non-pasteurized honey (or other).
7. 1/3 cup powdered milk (optional).
8. Vegetable oil or lard.
9. Crushed tomatoes.
10. Tomato paste (small can).
11. HERBAMARE by BIOFORCE mixed spices (hot pepper also to taste).
12. Mozzarella, cheddar, etc. in fine slices or grated (2 lbs. in all).
13. 1 large onion finely chopped.
14. ½ green pepper finely chopped.
15. Several freshly sliced mushrooms. (about 2 lbs - to taste).
16. 1 lb of pepperoni.
18. some fresh garlic sliced thinly.
A. Preheat the oven at 400 F minimum.
B. Mix in 2, 4, 6 and 7 (add n.1 if you're sure that water is at right temperature) adding no.5 just after.
C. Gradually add n.3.
D. Flatten the dough, sprinkle n.1 on top & kneed for about 10 minutes.
E. Place dough into oven for about 20 minutes leaving the oven light on.
F. Spread dough with rolling pin to desired thickness (remember dough will rise again - I suggest 2 mm.). Place dough in your oven plates & cut around leaving desired width to make border.
G. Let stand on counter for an 1 hour. (I once let mine stand for 3 hours!).
H. Spread out a bit of olive oil on your dough. Sprinkle HERBAMARE spices (mostly organic spices but the essential ones I find are: chives, parsley, garlic, basil, marjoram, rosemary & thyme). Garnish with onions, a few capers here and there, green peppers. Mix crushed tomatoes with the tomato paste & spread thinly over. Add mushrooms & pepperoni (hot peppers according to taste). Place grated or thin cheese slices to 1" from the borders of pizza crust. A touch of fresh thin sliced garlic spread out all over will enhance things quite a bit.
I. Bake in pre-heated oven at 450 F for 10 min. + last 2 min. at 550 F to grill.