1 cup butter, melted
1½ cups sugar
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon anise extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3½ cups all-purpose flour
1. Beat the eggs on medium speed until pale and thick.
2. Add the melted butter and mix until thoroughly combined.
3. Add the extracts and continue to mix.
4. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the flour, mixing until combined.
5. Preheat the pizzelle iron according to the manufacturer’s directions. When ready, drop batter by heaping tablespoon onto iron, close, and hold closed for as long as the manufacturer states.
6. When ready, open iron and remove pizzelle with a rubber spatula. Repeat until all batter is used.
Storing: Pizzelle can be stored in either an airtight container or cookie tin. I can’t tell you how long they last because I have never heard of pizzelle going bad!