- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 3 dozen
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1. Beat the eggs on medium speed until pale and thick.
- 2. Add the melted butter and mix until thoroughly combined.
- 3. Add the extracts and continue to mix.
- 4. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the flour, mixing until combined.
- 5. Preheat the pizzelle iron according to the manufacturer’s directions. When ready, drop batter by heaping tablespoon onto iron, close, and hold closed for as long as the manufacturer states.
- 6. When ready, open iron and remove pizzelle with a rubber spatula. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Storing: Pizzelle can be stored in either an airtight container or cookie tin. I can’t tell you how long they last because I have never heard of pizzelle going bad!