- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10 to 12 dozen
- Preparation Time:
- 1 dozen eggs, room temp
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 6-61/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup melted Crisco
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 oranges, rind and juice
- 3 lemons, rind and juice
- 1 T Anise oil
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Whisk eggs, baking powder, orange and lemon juice and rind, anise oil, and vanilla.
- Add cooled Crisco and oil.
- Gradually add flour, mix well.
- Dough should be soft.
- Have pizzelle iron heating while you are mixing the dough. The first few pizzelles may stick, but once the iron is ready they will not stick.
- Cool on a wire rack. They can be stored in an air tight can or wrapped in wax paper and kept in a cool dry place
NotesThis is my great-grandmother's recipe, I learned how to make them from my grandmother. We only made them at Christmas or for weddings and graduation parties.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More