- Cooking Time: 20-45 mins
- Servings: 13x9-inch pan
- Preparation Time: 10-15 mins
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup melted butter
- 4-serving size package of Jello, any flavor
- 1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch pan (If you are going to remove cake from pan, line greased and floured pan with parchment paper and grease and flour paper too).
- 2. Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and pour in the sweetened condensed milk, orange juice, vanilla and melted butter. Mix well and pour into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake in a preheated oven for 30-45 minutes (For me, it took only 20 minutes), or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- If you want to add Jello:
- While cake is warm, prick cake with meat fork about 1-inch - 1/4-inch apart (depends on how Jello-y you want the cake). Then boil 3/4 cup water and add a 4-serving size package of Jello (I used regular strawberry Jello, not sugar free). Stir until Jello is dissolved. Add 1/2 cup of cold water. Slowly pour over entire cake. Some of the liquid will pool to the sides of the pan, that's okay. Place in fridge to "firm" up Jello-cake areas and to completely cool/chill cake. Then turn cake out on to a cookie sheet and remove parchment paper. Frost.
NotesMy niece is allergic to soy and eggs. I searched for a cake recipe for her 2nd b-day and found this one at Allrecipes. It is very good plain cake. No one would guess it does not contain eggs. I added flavor by adding Jello. I received many compliments and my niece was happy to have a yummy b-day cake.
To frost the cake I used Buttercream Frosting
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More