PLAIN EGGLESS CAKE (SOY FREE)
- Cooking Time: 20-45 mins
- Servings: 13x9-inch pan
- Preparation Time: 10-15 mins
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup melted butter
- 4-serving size package of Jello, any flavor
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch pan (If you are going to remove cake from pan, line greased and floured pan with parchment paper and grease and flour paper too).
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and pour in the sweetened condensed milk, orange juice, vanilla and melted butter. Mix well and pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake in a preheated oven for 30-45 minutes (For me, it took only 20 minutes), or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
If you want to add Jello:
While cake is warm, prick cake with meat fork about 1-inch - 1/4-inch apart (depends on how Jello-y you want the cake). Then boil 3/4 cup water and add a 4-serving size package of Jello (I used regular strawberry Jello, not sugar free). Stir until Jello is dissolved. Add 1/2 cup of cold water. Slowly pour over entire cake. Some of the liquid will pool to the sides of the pan, that's okay. Place in fridge to "firm" up Jello-cake areas and to completely cool/chill cake. Then turn cake out on to a cookie sheet and remove parchment paper. Frost.
To frost the cake I used Buttercream Frosting
Website Credit: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Plain-Eggless-Cake/Detail.aspx