- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C butter
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 C flour, sift after measuring
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp mace
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350'
- Cream shortening and sugar together.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Mix in flour, salt and mace.
- Add vanilla and beat thoroughly.
- Pour in a loaf pan lined with Reynolds parchment paper.
- Bake 60-80 minutes.
NotesThis recipe is from Sarah Berkley.
It's been around about 100 years that I know of. The main difference between this and most pound cake recipes is the addition of mace.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More