- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C butter
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 C flour, sift after measuring
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp mace
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350'
- Cream shortening and sugar together.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Mix in flour, salt and mace.
- Add vanilla and beat thoroughly.
- Pour in a loaf pan lined with Reynolds parchment paper.
- Bake 60-80 minutes.
NotesThis recipe is from Sarah Berkley.
It's been around about 100 years that I know of. The main difference between this and most pound cake recipes is the addition of mace.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More