- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter (cube 1/2 cup) (divided)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 pounds light brown sugar (about 3 1/4 cups packed)
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 Cups sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- To make this sauce, it is very important to follow the directions carefully and to use a candy thermometer.
- In large saucepan, heat 1/2 cup of the butter until melted. Add pecans and mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Cook until pecans begin to change color. Mixture will foam up.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup cubed butter and mix well. This will cool pecan mixture and stop the cooking process. Remove from heat.
- Combine brown sugar, whipping cream and cinnamon in a saucepan and mix well.
- Cook over low heat until blended, stirring constantly. Increase heat and cook until mixture comes to 230 degrees on a candy thermometer. Stir in pecan mixture. Add sour cream and vanilla and mix well.
- Remove from heat. Makes 4 cups.
- Servings at the restaurant are very large. For at home use, the pudding could be cut into 18 portions and the sauce could be halved
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More