- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter (cube 1/2 cup) (divided)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 pounds light brown sugar (about 3 1/4 cups packed)
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 Cups sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- To make this sauce, it is very important to follow the directions carefully and to use a candy thermometer.
- In large saucepan, heat 1/2 cup of the butter until melted. Add pecans and mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Cook until pecans begin to change color. Mixture will foam up.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup cubed butter and mix well. This will cool pecan mixture and stop the cooking process. Remove from heat.
- Combine brown sugar, whipping cream and cinnamon in a saucepan and mix well.
- Cook over low heat until blended, stirring constantly. Increase heat and cook until mixture comes to 230 degrees on a candy thermometer. Stir in pecan mixture. Add sour cream and vanilla and mix well.
- Remove from heat. Makes 4 cups.
- Servings at the restaurant are very large. For at home use, the pudding could be cut into 18 portions and the sauce could be halved
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Berks Catholic PTO Fall 2015 Recipe Auction
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More