- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c flour
- 1 c salt
- 1 c water
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 Tbsp oil
- food coloring, paste works best
- air tight storage containers
- in a large sauce pan combine flour, salt, water, and cream of tartar.
- turn heat to high. Continually stir and fold mixture, when it starts to form a ball, and becomes translucent and smooth, reduce heat to medium high. continue stirring until it forms a translucent ball. Remove from heat. Pour out onto counter. Knead until smooth. Cut into however many colors you want to use. Roll each into a ball and make an indent in top. Place a small amount of food coloring into indent, fold dough over itself and knead until color is incorporated fully. Repeat until all are done. Place each ball into airtight container.
- When the dough starts to dry out simply wet hands and work water into dough until it is the desired consistency.
NotesNot really for eating, but not harmful if you have a little one who loves to eat everything, also it's cheaper than regular play dough.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More