- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryNot really for eating, but not harmful if you have a little one who loves to eat everything, also it's cheaper than regular play dough.
- 2 c flour
- 1 c salt
- 1 c water
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 Tbsp oil
- food coloring, paste works best
- air tight storage containers
- in a large sauce pan combine flour, salt, water, and cream of tartar.
- turn heat to high. Continually stir and fold mixture, when it starts to form a ball, and becomes translucent and smooth, reduce heat to medium high. continue stirring until it forms a translucent ball. Remove from heat. Pour out onto counter. Knead until smooth. Cut into however many colors you want to use. Roll each into a ball and make an indent in top. Place a small amount of food coloring into indent, fold dough over itself and knead until color is incorporated fully. Repeat until all are done. Place each ball into airtight container.
- When the dough starts to dry out simply wet hands and work water into dough until it is the desired consistency.