- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups sliced fresh unpeeled Green Giant® Fresh plums
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice from a Green Giant® Fresh lemon
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whipping (heavy) cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix 3/4 cup sugar, the cornstarch and cinnamon in 2-quart saucepan. Stir in plums and lemon juice. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole; keep plum mixture hot in oven.
- Cut shortening into flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, the baking powder and salt in medium bowl, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until particles are size of fine crumbs. Mix in milk until mixture forms soft dough. Drop by 6 spoonfuls onto hot plum mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with whipping cream
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
CUPPY DUCKING CAKE :S
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter Frosting
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More