- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups sliced fresh unpeeled Green Giant® Fresh plums
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice from a Green Giant® Fresh lemon
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whipping (heavy) cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix 3/4 cup sugar, the cornstarch and cinnamon in 2-quart saucepan. Stir in plums and lemon juice. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole; keep plum mixture hot in oven.
- Cut shortening into flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, the baking powder and salt in medium bowl, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until particles are size of fine crumbs. Mix in milk until mixture forms soft dough. Drop by 6 spoonfuls onto hot plum mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with whipping cream
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Mom's Spanish Rice
Simply Delicious Mac-n-Cheese Casserole
Holiday BellsSee More