- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups sliced fresh unpeeled Green Giant® Fresh plums
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice from a Green Giant® Fresh lemon
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whipping (heavy) cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix 3/4 cup sugar, the cornstarch and cinnamon in 2-quart saucepan. Stir in plums and lemon juice. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole; keep plum mixture hot in oven.
- Cut shortening into flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, the baking powder and salt in medium bowl, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until particles are size of fine crumbs. Mix in milk until mixture forms soft dough. Drop by 6 spoonfuls onto hot plum mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with whipping cream
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Babette's Test Kitchen
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More