PLUM PEACHY PIE
Plum Peachy Pie
- pie crust for 2 crust 9" pie
- 1 Tablespoon peach flavored gelatin (from a box)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (a little more if peaches are juicy)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches or frozen (thawed) sliced peaches
- 2 medium red plums, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
Heat oven to 400. Make pie crust for Two-Crust 9" Pie,
In large bowl, mix gelatin, cornstarch and 1 cup of sugar; stir in peaches. Spoon into crust: Top with plum slices. Dot with butter top with second crust seal edge and flute. Cut slits in top crust.
Brush small amount of water over top crust. sprinkle lightly with 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Cover edges with strips of foil to prevent excess browning
Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven to 350° bake 35 to 40 minutes longer or until crust is brown and peaches are tender. Cool on rack for 1 hour and 30 minutes before serving.
- Gelatin bumps up the peach flavor and helps the filling to thicken as it cools.