- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- pie crust for 2 crust 9" pie
- 1 Tablespoon peach flavored gelatin (from a box)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (a little more if peaches are juicy)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches or frozen (thawed) sliced peaches
- 2 medium red plums, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Heat oven to 400. Make pie crust for Two-Crust 9" Pie,
- In large bowl, mix gelatin, cornstarch and 1 cup of sugar; stir in peaches. Spoon into crust: Top with plum slices. Dot with butter top with second crust seal edge and flute. Cut slits in top crust.
- Brush small amount of water over top crust. sprinkle lightly with 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Cover edges with strips of foil to prevent excess browning
- Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven to 350° bake 35 to 40 minutes longer or until crust is brown and peaches are tender. Cool on rack for 1 hour and 30 minutes before serving.
- - Gelatin bumps up the peach flavor and helps the filling to thicken as it cools.
NotesThis is from Pillsbury's Easy Pies soft cookbook you can buy at the supermarket. I have tried it twice now, and everyone who has eaten it really likes it. You could use purchased pie crusts if you don't want to make your own. I have other peach pie recipes, but this seems to be the winner.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More