- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- pie crust for 2 crust 9" pie
- 1 Tablespoon peach flavored gelatin (from a box)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (a little more if peaches are juicy)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches or frozen (thawed) sliced peaches
- 2 medium red plums, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Heat oven to 400. Make pie crust for Two-Crust 9" Pie,
- In large bowl, mix gelatin, cornstarch and 1 cup of sugar; stir in peaches. Spoon into crust: Top with plum slices. Dot with butter top with second crust seal edge and flute. Cut slits in top crust.
- Brush small amount of water over top crust. sprinkle lightly with 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Cover edges with strips of foil to prevent excess browning
- Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven to 350° bake 35 to 40 minutes longer or until crust is brown and peaches are tender. Cool on rack for 1 hour and 30 minutes before serving.
- - Gelatin bumps up the peach flavor and helps the filling to thicken as it cools.
NotesThis is from Pillsbury's Easy Pies soft cookbook you can buy at the supermarket. I have tried it twice now, and everyone who has eaten it really likes it. You could use purchased pie crusts if you don't want to make your own. I have other peach pie recipes, but this seems to be the winner.
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Yummy Butternut Squash Soup
Meatball Stufeed Tomato
Zesty Party MixSee More