PLUM-GLAZED PORK LOIN
- 3 ripe red plums, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (about 21/4 pounds), trimmed
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with1 tablespoon water
In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine plums, raisins, ginger, onion, sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, curry powder and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Stir until evenly distributed.
2. Sprinkle pork with remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and place it into the plum mixture in the slow cooker. Cook for 4 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW.
3. Stir in green beans for last 25 minutes of cook time on HIGH or last hour of cook time on LOW. Remove pork and green beans from slow cooker. Pour sauce into a saucepan; stir in mustard. Over high heat (on stovetop), whisk in cornstarch mixture; cook for 1 minute or until thickened. Slice pork and drizzle with plum sauce.