- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. white asparagus cleaned and peeled
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 4 large free range chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 tbl. butter
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 2 cups morel or chanterelle mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1/4 cup brut champagne
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 sprig Tarragon leaves picked
- salt & freshly ground white pepper
- In a large pot bring salted water to a boil, add asparagus and simmer until tender (about 4 minutes).
- Drain asparagus and submerge in iced water (an ice bath) to stop the cooking process.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring chicken stock to a boil, add the chicken breasts and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cover with foil.
- Reduce the remaining chicken stock by half and set aside.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, add butter and shallots, cook until tender.
- Add the morels or chanterelles and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the Domaine Carneros RosÃ©, reducing the liquid to half.
- Add the remaining chicken stock to and reduce total liquid by half.
- Stir in the cup of heavy cream and simmer until the sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Season with salt and freshly ground white pepper.
- Remove the asparagus from the ice bath, halve and add to the chicken stock cream mixture along with the tarragon leaves.
- To Serve:
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 pieces, place in the center of a warmed plate and spoon the morel & white asparagus cream onto the chicken garnishing with a tarragon sprig. (We recommend this dish to be served over brown or wild rice).
NotesAnother great recipe from Domaine Carneros.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Jean’s Recipe File
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More