- Cooking Time: 75
- Preparation Time:
- 1 chicken, rinsed well
- water to cover
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- a tablespoon peppercorns
- 2 or 3 small bay leaves
- half a bunch of thyme
- 4 or 5 cloves
- salt, to taste
- hot cooked brown rice
- Combine all ingredients except for the rice in a large stockpot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cover and let stand 45 minutes.
- Discard bay leaves, thyme stalks and cloves.
- Serve pieces of chicken over the rice with a few ladlefulls of broth and vegetables.
NotesDoctor mom recommends poached chicken if you're under-the weather!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More