- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 3-5
- Preparation Time: 5
- 4-6pcs 6-8oz Cod filets
- Old Bay seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil & Butter
- 3-4 splashes of dry White Wine
- 2-3 sprigs ea fresh herbs Basil, Marjoram, Oregano, etc
- 2-3 fresh ripe Tomatoes, diced
- * Season fish w/salt, pepper and Old Bay; set in colander to drain off any excess water.
- * Heat generous amount oil & butter in heavy saute pan over med heat.
- * When oil up to temp to saute, add fish; swirl pan occasionally to splash a little up sides of filets as you cook undisturbed for 2-3min on this side.
- * Add splash or 3 (or 4) of wine to pan to deglaze, and carefully turn filets.
- * Add herbs and tomatoes, cover and poach 4-6min, til done (firm & flaky but not tough).
- * To serve, plate and drizzle w/tomatoes/herbs and pan juices, garnish w/a fresh sprig, w/side of Risotto w/vegetables- another recipe added today on BakeSpace!
NotesThere is no story here, except that I cook about every night and so I gotta be creative. Kraft dinner doesn't do much for me, ammirite? So I dug around in the freezer and the garden, the pantry and the spice cab and the fridge, and this was din-din (and also Alan's lunch- you know who you are).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More