- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 3-5
- Preparation Time: 5
- 4-6pcs 6-8oz Cod filets
- Old Bay seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil & Butter
- 3-4 splashes of dry White Wine
- 2-3 sprigs ea fresh herbs Basil, Marjoram, Oregano, etc
- 2-3 fresh ripe Tomatoes, diced
- * Season fish w/salt, pepper and Old Bay; set in colander to drain off any excess water.
- * Heat generous amount oil & butter in heavy saute pan over med heat.
- * When oil up to temp to saute, add fish; swirl pan occasionally to splash a little up sides of filets as you cook undisturbed for 2-3min on this side.
- * Add splash or 3 (or 4) of wine to pan to deglaze, and carefully turn filets.
- * Add herbs and tomatoes, cover and poach 4-6min, til done (firm & flaky but not tough).
- * To serve, plate and drizzle w/tomatoes/herbs and pan juices, garnish w/a fresh sprig, w/side of Risotto w/vegetables- another recipe added today on BakeSpace!
NotesThere is no story here, except that I cook about every night and so I gotta be creative. Kraft dinner doesn't do much for me, ammirite? So I dug around in the freezer and the garden, the pantry and the spice cab and the fridge, and this was din-din (and also Alan's lunch- you know who you are).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Italy or BustSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More