- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound center-cut salmon fillet, skinned (see Tip) and cut into 4 portions
- 1 cup dry white wine, divided
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons capers, rinsed
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Place salmon in a large skillet. Add 1/2 cup wine and enough water to just cover the salmon. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer, turn the salmon over, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the remaining 1/2 cup wine; boil until slightly reduced, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice and capers; cook 1 minute more. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and salt. To serve, top the salmon with the sauce and garnish with dill.
- How to skin a salmon fillet: Place skin-side down. Starting at the tail end, slip a long knife between the fish flesh and the skin, holding down firmly with your other hand. Gently push the blade along at a 30° angle, separating the fillet from the skin without cutting through either.
NotesDecadence is in the eye of the beholder! Of course you can be romantic and still have a healthy dinner.
Serve this with brown rice or couscous, asparagus or snow peas.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More