- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 6oz pieces of boneless salmon
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1/3 large sweet onion sliced
- 3 slices fresh lemon
- 5 slices of fresh ginger
- several sprigs of fresh thyme
- salt to taste
- 1 cup of plum wine
- juice from half a lemon.
- Place in a large skillet the carrot, onion, sliced celery, lemon, parsley and bay leaves.
- Add the fish layered on top of the vegetables, cold water to cover, salt to taste, the wine and the lemon juice.
- Bring the water to a boil, uncovered.
- Adjust heat to simmer and let cook for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Turn off the heat and leave fish undisturbed for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove from pan with slotted spatula (to allow liquid to drain.)
- Serve with poached veggies, discard ginger.
- Serve hot or cold.
NotesInspired by a recipe on www.drweil.com I modified it to suit my tastes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Christmas CookiesSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More