- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 6oz pieces of boneless salmon
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1/3 large sweet onion sliced
- 3 slices fresh lemon
- 5 slices of fresh ginger
- several sprigs of fresh thyme
- salt to taste
- 1 cup of plum wine
- juice from half a lemon.
- Place in a large skillet the carrot, onion, sliced celery, lemon, parsley and bay leaves.
- Add the fish layered on top of the vegetables, cold water to cover, salt to taste, the wine and the lemon juice.
- Bring the water to a boil, uncovered.
- Adjust heat to simmer and let cook for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Turn off the heat and leave fish undisturbed for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove from pan with slotted spatula (to allow liquid to drain.)
- Serve with poached veggies, discard ginger.
- Serve hot or cold.
NotesInspired by a recipe on www.drweil.com I modified it to suit my tastes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Get Cookin'See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More