- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI knew the moment I saw stumbled onto the sauce, that I'd love it. I was not disappointed. It have used it for dipped and garnishing, although most recipes call for it drizzled over chicken.
- 3 fresh poblano chillies
- 2-3 teaspoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup Mexican Crema
- Salt to taste
- Roast the poblanos over an open fire, until the skins are blackened
- I placed them in a zip lock baggy for several minutes so the skins would loosen up and easily peel off.
- I then removed the seeds and the stem....gave them a rough chop and placed them in a blender.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, I heated up the oil and sauteed the onion and garlic until tender. They then joined the poblanos in the blender along with the milk for a little pureeing.
- Wipe out the sauce pan and melt the butter....add the flour and brown lightly, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and pour in the poblano puree mixture and stir until smooth. Add the Mexican Crema, stir constantly until it's bubbly and beginning to thicken. Remove from heat and add salt to taste.