- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) Gelatin, any flavor (I usually use strawberry or cherry)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Whipped Topping, thawed; the french vanilla whipped topping and strawberry are what I usually use
- Prepare and bake cake in 13x9-inch baking pan as directed on package.
- Remove from oven.
- Cool cake in pan 15 minutes.
- Pierce cake with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
- Meanwhile, stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in small bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Stir in cold water; carefully pour over cake.
- Refrigerate 3 hours.
- FROST with whipped topping.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Cut into 16 slices.
- Store leftover cake in the refrigerator.
- Also very delicious, to add strawberries on top of whipperd topping.
- This cake is really good, refreshing and fairly low in fat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More