- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) Gelatin, any flavor (I usually use strawberry or cherry)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Whipped Topping, thawed; the french vanilla whipped topping and strawberry are what I usually use
- Prepare and bake cake in 13x9-inch baking pan as directed on package.
- Remove from oven.
- Cool cake in pan 15 minutes.
- Pierce cake with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
- Meanwhile, stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in small bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Stir in cold water; carefully pour over cake.
- Refrigerate 3 hours.
- FROST with whipped topping.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Cut into 16 slices.
- Store leftover cake in the refrigerator.
- Also very delicious, to add strawberries on top of whipperd topping.
- This cake is really good, refreshing and fairly low in fat.
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More