- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 c. polenta
- 1/4 c. flour
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 c. tomato sauce (jarred is fine)
- 3/4 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set up your polenta coating in 3 shallow dishes or pie plates: flour in one, egg in the second, polenta in the third.
- Whisk polenta with garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Dredge zucchini in flour, then egg, then polenta.
- Once all zucchini is coated, either bake on a cookie sheet for 15 minutes OR pan fry them in a little oil until golden, about 3 minutes per side.
- Spoon a bit of tomato sauce in the bottom of a small baking dish.
- Add a layer of zucchini, top with mozzarella cheese and more sauce. Continue layering until you have used up all zucchini.
- Top with Parmesan and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More