- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
BackstoryThis is an interesting twist on Lasagna
- 1 roll prepared polenta, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and cut into half moons
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 (26-ounce) jar prepared tomato sauce
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add a single layer of polenta slices and cook until lightly brown on both sides. Remove polenta from pan and arrange in a casserole dish coated with cooking spray; set aside. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and remaining polenta slices.
- 3. Meanwhile, heat a medium saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the onion and zucchini and sauté until golden brown. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Pour sauce over the vegetables and add beans. Stir well. Simmer sauce over low heat for 5 minutes.
- 4. Pour sauce over polenta slices and sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Nutrition per Serving:
- Calories: 275, Protein: 13.2 grams, Carb: 37.5 grams, Fat: 8.7 grams, Fiber: 6.1 grams
- Serving Suggestion:
- Serve the lasagna with a tossed green salad drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette.