- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 7-ounce can whole green chilies, drained
- 1 cup drained canned corn
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400F. Butter 8 x 8 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Mix first 5 ingredients in heavy medium saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly. Cook until polenta is tender and thickens, stirring often, about 12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in Parmesan.
- Pour half of polenta into prepared dish. Cover with half of chilies and half of corn. Sprinkle with half of cilantro and 1 cup Jack cheese. Drizzle with 1/4 cup cream. Spoon remaining polenta over. Cover with remaining chilies, corn, cilantro and cheese. Pour 1/4 cup cream over. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Chill.) Bake until polenta puffs and cheese begins to brown, about 25 minutes if not chilled or 30 minutes if chilled. Cut into squares and serve.
- Serves 4 as a main-course or 8 as a side-dish.
The Official "Burnt" Movie Cookbook
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Easy Halloween Cookies
Best Boiled Egg
Original Grape Nuts Bread Recipe from 1940’sSee More