- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 cups bread flour
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 packages dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Dissolve yeast in 4 Tablespoons warm water and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Melt butter in scalded milk.
- Add sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Beat eggs until foamy. Stir into cool milk mixture.
- Add yeast.
- Sift flour into milk mixture .
- Knead for 10 minutes.
- Let rise.
- Punch down, let rise again.
- Punch down and form into 3 regular size loaves.
- Let rise.
- Beat 1 large egg and 1 Tablespoon water together.
- When breads are 1/2 risen brush with egg mixture and spread with the following streusel on top.
NotesThis bread freezes well.
This recipe was given to me by my friend and neighbor Pat..She got it from her Polish Grandmother. It has become one of our favorite home made breads and is delicious sliced and toasted.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Summertime SippersSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More